15 September 2006

Two Victorian Roses blocks




Here are block one and two and a detail from block two. The piece of silver/gold bobbin lace is made by me.
The two white circles are old made by my Grandma.
On block one I also used band what comes from my grandma's sewing box.
The 3 little mother of pearl buttons are old too.
I love those buttons, they have a delicate lustre.
It is a pleasure to work with those colors and add old things who are made by a women I loved.
There are more of those "tryout"pieces of crochet lace in the old sewing box, I will use them all on this little quilt. My eldest daughter has already "claimed" it, but I hope she have to wait many years to inherit it.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

The blocks are beautiful. I really love the colours you have used to set off the old pieces you have added.

May Britt said...

OH...they are beautiful. Love the colours you have chosen. I think I am going to look up my chroche needle and make som crochet laces. Have a lot of yarn I can use. I am still working on my angel block. And I am waiting for my new stitchbook. But Amazon has not sendt it yet. Have a nice sewingday. The weather is sunny and warm at the east side of Norway. Think I am going to sit on the porch and sew today.

May Britt said...

OH...they are beautiful. Love the colours you have chosen. I think I am going to look up my chroche needle and make som crochet laces. Have a lot of yarn I can use. I am still working on my angel block. And I am waiting for my new stitchbook. But Amazon has not sendt it yet. Have a nice sewingday. The weather is sunny and warm at the east side of Norway. Think I am going to sit on the porch and sew today.