17 December 2006

the last three details

This is a photo of my grandmother ( 1893-1954) when she was about 20 years old. I made spiderweb roses and light blue silk flowers.
This is a photo of my mother ( 1918-1995) when she was about 20 years old. The piece of bobbin lace is made by her. She learned to make bobbin lace when she was young.
This is a photo of me ( 1942-? )when I was 20 years old.
You can click on the photos to enlarge them. Now I have to make the binding, quilt the border in the ditch, tie the centre block and add a sleeve on the back. In a few days you can see the whole quilt.

7 comments:

Gerry said...

Ati, this is just beautiful What a wonderful momento this will make.

Candi Harris said...

Oh Ati, it's just beautiful! You make everything look just wonderful! A gifted lady you are.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Susan said...

Ati, these are so beautiful, and so touching with the photos and the bits of lace made by them. Just a wonderful piece. I can hardly wait to see the whole thing together.

Ribbonwiz said...

Ati, these are so beautiful,
I love old photos of family.
This will be an heirloom for sure..

TeresaB said...

Ati, This is going to be so wonderful! Such a family tree!

Nina In Norway said...

Wow! You do beautiful stitching! Smart using pictures of your self as a young girl. I am looking forward to see the whole quilt.

pat winter said...

Beautiful! I love your work.