16 December 2006

More details

Those buttons are from my grandmothers button-box. They are all more than 60 years old.

On the left side silk ribbon flower buds.

Below a stitch with sequins and a piece of bobbin lace. On this photo I have made a chain stitch with perle thread. Lazy daisy stitch with floss. The beads are from a neck-less my mother wore when I was a child.
Here the zodiac sign Sagittarius. My grandmother, my mother and my eldest daughter were and is a Sagittarius. Do you get a clue what I am sewing?

You can click on the photos to enlarge.


4 comments:

TeresaB said...

I love your stitching! I also like adding "memory things" to my stitching.

Charlene said...

I'll say a family block? I'm a sag and like the motif you've stitched. Your work is lovely as always!

Susan said...

Oh, the buttons are wonderful, the necklace beads are wonderful, everything is just fabulous. Is this some kind of heirloom piece for your daughter? A birthday or Christmas present?

QuiltMarlene said...

Ati, I love the sign of the zodiac. What a wonderful idea to personalize a piece like this. Beautiful stitching.