19 December 2006

Those brown eyes.


Those brown eyes is the title of this little heirloom quilt for our eldest daughter. It is her birthday present. She turned 42 last Saturday.

I took the quilt with me, although it wasn't finished then.

To be honest, I didn't like it, to give it away. I think I have put to much emotions in it.

But when my daughter unfolded the towel were it was wrapped in , tears came to her eyes.

Okay, that was it. Now I knew the quilt gets a good home!
The size is 19 inch square.
I have to explain the title, we all four in a row, have brown eyes.
You can click on the photo to enlarge.

8 comments:

Charlene said...

Such a beautiful, heartfelt gift. Those were tears of memory and joy, and I agree - it is in a good home.

Gerry said...

Oh how emotional that must have been. It's truly beautiful! And such a special thing to share.

Susan said...

How beautiful it turned out! I'm sure your daughter will give it a place of honor in her home. It's just gorgeous, as well as meaningful. She's a lucky woman.

Yvonne said...

I think my sister Gitta is a lucky woman, she told me about this quilt over the telephone and I agree with her, it's beautiful.And just right with her brown eyes.

Linda said...

Ati, it is absolutely beautiful and the heart that it conveys is just wonderful. Thank you for sharing your pics and I know your daughter is thrilled.
Linda

wilma said...

Ati, this will be a precious family heirloom, ik kan me voorstellen dat het je moeite kostte om het weg te geven, 't is echt een stukje familie historie!

TeresaB said...

Ati, such a wonderful gift for your daughter! I am sure that she will cherish it.

gitta said...

Thank you, mam, for this quilt. I walk by it every day, and it will never be a boring sight. As if ever one of your pieces is boring! I'm lucky indeed to have a mother who makes such fine pieces of art! I know what you put into it....