11 January 2007

TAST, buttonhole stitch

This week Sharon offers the buttonhole stitch. I have learned this stitch when I was at the housekeeper-school and I hated it. I was so happy when my mother bought a electric sewing machine in 1962 who could make buttonholes, yeah!

So, I am laughing now, see what I did the last 2 days ;-)

First, special for my grandchildren and Nina's Glenn: the poor lonely snail have got company from a caterpillar and they have some grass and flowers too!

Don't forget to click on the photo to enlarge.
A few wheels on a empty spot.
Here I made two rows of buttonhole stitch, and wrapped the green perle tread through it. I wasn't happy with it at all. I was able to get some fancy band under the green wraps. I am still not so happy with the result.
Her are a few half wheels, I used the method who Jo gave a while ago on her blog.
Just a stitch to cover a seam................

11 comments:

Charlene said...

Didn't think you would ever use that functional stitch as a decorative one, did you? Pretty stitching!

Thelma said...

You did a great job Ati, I just yesturday started on my buttonhole. Late getting my herringbone posted.

teodo said...

wonderfull your blog ciao ciao from Italy

meggie said...

I have just visited your blog for the first time.
I love all you nice photos of the details.
Beautiful work.

Allison said...

I love the two rows of buttonhole with the green wrapping!

Susan said...

I love them all! The caterpiller is as cute as can be. I love that you put him next to the herringbone guy. =)

The idea of threading through two opposite rows of buttonhole is brilliant. I'm imagining that you don't like it because it didn't fulfill a mental vision you had, but I don't have that blocking my view, and I'm very impressed with it. =)

Susan said...

That bottom row reminds me of the top of a fancy wrought-iron fence in someplace like New Orleans French Quarter, or downtown Charleston. =)

Misa said...

I LOVE your caterpillar.

Elizabeth said...

Ati, I had similar struggles with the buttonhole stitch. Only now at the end of the week, I'm overcoming my aversion! Great work! I love your catepillar. What fun your grandchildren and others must have.

MargaretR said...

Considering you used to hate buttonhole stitch at one time, it seems to have grown on you because all this work is lovely.
Those caterpillars are so cute, and I used to hate caterpillars at one time(smile)

Annie said...

Hi Ati, can I come and play in your garden? I would love to meet your cute little creature friends, they look so happy and friendly.