24 February 2007

TAST, fly stitch



This is my fly stitch for this week. I didn't have much time to try the variations, I was busy with my class blocks. The green "plants" round the little cross stitch made it nice.
The cross stitch motif was made by an aunt 40 years ago and put on a birthday card.
Normally I don't safe cards so long, but because of this little piece of embroidery the card was still in a shoebox......
Now the card is in the trash but the embroidery lives on this TAST stitch sampler which will turn into a pillow in the end of this TAST year.
You can see the 'naked' block on the post of December 31 , last year.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I'm so glad you found here still in there. She's just wonderful. I like the addition of the fly-stitch vines, too.

Thelma said...

I love what you did with the fly stitch Ati, You give me so much inspiration. I love how you combined the fly stitch with the cross stitch. If you don't mind, I would like to give this a try?