14 October 2007

Hussif for Anne.

This hussif is made for Anne in France. My swapsister in the CQ Around the World group.

We also have swapped 3 baggies this year and now in October a needlebook.

I have made it in Anne's favorite colors: red and orange.

On the front there is a piece of Hardanger embroidery what I've made about 25 years ago.

The pattern and idea for the hussif comes from Julia. Thanks!


So it looks on the inside, a needle book, a pincushion, a scissor pocket, a little crochet bag containing a thimble and 3 pockets with threads. The band on the scissor pocket is Norwegian, what they use on their traditional costumes.
Below the outside folded open. In the middle a Norwegian coin: one crown.


They have a hole in the middle.
If you click on a photo , it will enlarge.

5 comments:

Micki said...

The hussifs for both Anne and Lynn are great and so it your Autumn CQ block.

Gerry said...

Your hussifs are so pretty. And I really like Carol's block!

Ribbonwiz said...

Thank you Ati for your comment on my blog.
You have done a wonderful job on the hussifs, I love your Hardanger work..

Judy S. said...

Hi Ati,

Your hardanger work is just beautiful! And so is the rest of the hussif. I might have to try making one; it looks quite handy!

Hello from the other Judy S. in WA

Susan said...

The hussifs are fabulous. You are getting quite expert at them! I love the Norwegian coin added!