19 November 2007

Old lace and roses.

Here is my ' Old lace and roses' quilt. About a year ago I started to make one block.
Every time I had nothing else going I have made an other block.
Since this summer I had 9 done and sewed them together and also embroidered the new seams. After that, it hung on the flannel wall waiting for the border.
Now it was time to finish several pieces and this was one of them.
The quilt is 81 cm. or 32 inch square.
The crochet pieces are made by my grandmother (1883-1964).
The tatted item in the lower left corner is made by my aunt ( 1911-1986).
The bobbin-lace pieces are made by me.
Below two detail photos.
As always you can click on the photos to get the large size.


11 comments:

Doreen G said...

Ati this is so beautiful and to have those lace pieces is so special as well

Micki said...

It's a beautiful piece and to have the pieces by both your grandmother and your aunt really make it special.

Susan said...

Ati, it's delightful. Very romantic looking, and the colors are so beautiful. I love seeing it finished, thanks!

Charlene said...

How beautifully this has turned out. I love all these colors together, and your bits and pieces make it so very special! Love it.

Elisabeth, said...

Very beautiful!! A very nice Quilt!!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Ati, this is soooooo pretty! Your button trails are superb and the fabrics are just beautiful.

Ribbonwiz said...

so beautiful!
Roses and lace , I love the combination.
Hugs

Kate said...

Very nice, the colors and embellishments all work so well together. Thanks for sharing.

Ira said...

ou work is very beautiful. Great combination.

Ira said...

ou work is very beautiful. Great combination.

Lin Moon said...

Dear Ati,
I'm catching up on all the great work on blogs - your CQ is beautiful! I love those colors together that way - it came out great!
~Lin Moon