27 December 2007

Encrusted RR, Leslie's block

This seam treatment was meant to make the braid less heavy. It is the upper left corner of the block from a encrusted RR ,I am in. The block belongs to Leslie.
Leslie added the braid when she pieced the block.
This seam is on the top of the block. It is feather stitch, done with brown, buds/ berries done with the oyster stitch and leaves with silk ribbon. The little bird is m.o.p.

Seam 1 and 2 I made before Christmas and today I made seam 3 with the bell-flowers. sre.
The stem is made from chain stitch and stem-stitch.
I sewed silver glass seed beads on it. I thought this are dew drops in the morning........
I think when you click on the photo to enlarge you can see them.
It was a joy for me to work on this block, I like those colors: dusty pink, ivory and moss green, very much.
Maybe I will do a bit more on this block later........

8 comments:

Waltraud said...

Beautiful, love the stiches and teh great colours!

Doreen G said...

What a lovely block Ati --I love the Silk ribbon embroidery.

Susan said...

All the seams are pretty, but that top one gives me an idea for your grandmother's block. =)

Melissa said...

Very Beautiful Ati!
Melissa

Candi said...

Oh Ati that is just beautiful!!!
HUGZ:)
Candi

barb michelen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlene said...

Beautiful stitching as always! Love it!

barb michelen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.