16 December 2007

RR block

Hi, I almost forgot to show you the work I did on a RR block. It is called an 'Encrusted RR'.
That means lots of stitching, beads and other embellishments.
I was the first one to work on it.
A naked block is always a bit scary, I think. The colors and style you choose can be determined for the others in the round.
I liked the ciggy in the centre, it is very delicate and I have tried to keep the stitching and embellishment fine too.
Maire, the owner of the block didn't want more blue.
I have added a piece of lace on the blue fabric, so that I could add some blue flowers and use some light blue thread, which is Edmar lola.
I did about 25 % of the block, there are three workers after me.
It was a bit difficult to get a good photo, there are many silk fabrics in this block.
If you like to see it large, just click on the photo.

7 comments:

Doreen G said...

What lovely stitching you have done Ati.

Micki said...

The base block has some lovely colors and your stitching really looks beautiful on it.

laplandyellow said...

volgens mij wordt dit een heel lief blok. wil hetwel weer zien als ieder er aan gewerkt heeft. mooi begin gemaakt hoor!!

Jacq said...

The block is very nice and the embellishments really add to it.

Susan said...

Ati, it's just perfect! I love each seam and flower on the block. Maire has to be pleased with this, and she's very fortunate you worked on her block. It's just beautiful! Your grandmother would be pleased, too. =)

Anonymous said...

I love the way you added in blue to unify the block with out adding more blue. I'm amazed at how you were able to added the little butterfly, the buttons and beads so without over powering the center.

Elizabeth

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

I love being able to click on the picture and see it larger, Ati! I was able to see what you had stitched much better. It really is lovely and deserves to be seen "up close" like this!
Hugs, Kerry