29 January 2007
Last week I found a very nice surprise in my mailbox. A thick envelope full of nice fabrics, silk ribbon, ciggies and little items for embellishing.
All this came from Pat Winter as a thank you gift.
On her blog , she asked a while ago if anyone would try to make a Campanula.
I tried and won :-)
Pat wrote an article about that in CQMagOnline, you find it here.
27 January 2007
This week the Cretan stitch was on Sharon's program.
It is not my favorite stitch, so I didn't do much with it. I covered some seams on my practice block and one seam on a 'Victorian roses' block.
Beside that I didn't have much time left after making the 'workshop' bauble bag.
25 January 2007
20 January 2007
18 January 2007
This idea comes from the book of Carole Samples.
This cottage ciggy was a gift from Pat Winter, I added some flowers. The hollyhocks with buttonhole stitch was an idea from Susan N. what she used on a heart the last week.
Thanks Susan. I have no idea what to do on the other seams above the cottage. All suggestions are welcome.
14 January 2007
The embellishing is done on the birthday gift, I have to sew the parts together now.
I will post the finished gift at the end of the week. The colors are softer in real, it is to much blue here but I didn't have the light of the sun........
11 January 2007
So, I am laughing now, see what I did the last 2 days ;-)
Don't forget to click on the photo to enlarge.
A few wheels on a empty spot.
Here I made two rows of buttonhole stitch, and wrapped the green perle tread through it. I wasn't happy with it at all. I was able to get some fancy band under the green wraps. I am still not so happy with the result.
Her are a few half wheels, I used the method who Jo gave a while ago on her blog.
Just a stitch to cover a seam................
08 January 2007
05 January 2007
02 January 2007
On this seam I have used a piece of bobbin-lace too, made by me, years ago. It was a tryout piece, just long enough for this seam. I used 2 strands of pink DMC floss for the herringbone and 3 strands of red floss.
Here I used silk perle 8 for the herringbone and silk perle 5 for the winding.
You always can click on the pictures to enlarge.