29 January 2008

Encrusted RR step two

This is a photo from the block when it arrived at my home. Below the block how it is now. I had to do step two of this RR. Step two is to extend the basic stitches. NOT sre or beads or buttons, that is step 3 and 4. I did a little bit sre but I could easily give the climbing tree leaves and flowers. And make a flowering meadow in the lower left corner. But alas, it was not my turn to do the beads and flowers on this block. Maybe on the next block what comes to me :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ati, your work is just stunning. I am in awe of your stitching. Very nice. Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com

Gerry said...

This is really pretty, Ati. It goes to show you that you don't need all the beads and things to make a lovely block!

Julie said...

Beautiful work Ati!

Dianne said...

Yes, it looks wonderful. You do beautiful stitching.

wilma said...

Once again beautiful work Ati! I can imagine that you would have loved to
do more on this RR block,
hugs, WILMA

Ravenhill said...

I am trying to learn how to embroider and embellish and what better way than to see a pro like you in action! Could you please tell me what does sre mean? Sorry, I am so ignorant. I have to tell you how wonderful you made this piece! I particularly like the dark blue with the climbing flowers. I would sure like to learn that.

Judy S. said...

Ati,

Your stitching is beautiful. Whoever owns this block is very lucky to have had you work on it!

Susan said...

I love your embellishments. They certainly add a lot. This is such a fun RR you are doing!

Helina said...

Guess what Ati, I don't regret to make this block to be my RR. VBG. I love to see it coming together and it will get a special place on my wall,

Thank you for thebeautiful stitches,
Helina