27 January 2008

Naked blocks

This block is made from the first swap baggie 2008 which I have received from Hideko.
The ciggy is sewn on and the rest is pinned. It is not sure if all the things are on the same place when the block is ready. The piece of broad lace in the upper left corner and the piece right from the ciggy are both antique and are a gift from Margreet. The size is 14 inch square.

This block is build round a piece of old cross-stitch which I have got from Malla. I have used old looking fabrics and will put the print with the stitching girl on the block. This size is also 14 inch.
I have been busy sewn blocks the past week. All the blocks for the woolen lap-quilt are sewn now. I was anxious if I had enough fabric from the blouses, but it went fine. Now, the embroidery can continue when I have time left............ When the quilt becomes ready, the size will be about 120 cm square.

You don't want to see the mess in my sewingroom now, especially the floor ;-))

Don't forget to click on the photos for a laaaaarge version.

9 comments:

laplandyellow said...

ik ben erg benieuwd naar het eindresultaat,heb je alles ook op een ondergrond genaaid? (omdat het ander materiaal is dan katoen).

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put my cross stitch together with the sweet little girl.

You sure have a lot of seams to embroider in your lap-quilt! It looks good, nice colors.

You must be the most productive CQer I know!

Malla said...

The previous commen was made by me - somehow I pushed the anonymous button...

crazyQstitcher said...

My favourite block is the rich coloured centre one, but each is going to be good.

Susan said...

I love the way the wool blocks turned out! What a great piece this will be. The blocks are both wonderful - so different in color, but wonderful. I like the lace on that blue curve in the top one, and that piece of XS on the second one really makes an interesting center.

Maddie Can Fly said...

I love the block where you used the cross stitch piece. The colors are great. Please be sure and show us when you get it all worked up.

Katrien said...

Ati,
wat een leuke blokken nu al,ben al benieuwd naar de affe blokken.
En dan nog je grotere crazyquilt,die zal er zeker en vast mooi uit zien als ie af is.Succes ermee.

Elisabeth Braun said...

You've got some pretty pieces here! I'm looking forward to learning CQ soon and also to visiting Norway and learning your language!! I do some hardanger from time to time.

Elisabeth, UK=)

Gerry said...

Beautiful blocks, Ati. I really like the lap quilt. Great pattern.