05 January 2008

Recycling.

Those are clothes which I wore in the early '80. Very fine quality of wool fabric for the two blouses ( magenta and deep blue) and the purple dress. A black and checkered skirt.
I never have thrown away those clothes because of the good quality and the colors I love.
Now the time has come to cut them up and make a crazy lap-quilt of it.
I promised myself in the new year that I can sit and stitch a seam every day. I like to do that very much, because it is so relaxing.
It will be a WISP project ( Work In Slow Progress).
I shall label this work with 'wisp'.
I have sewn several blocks now and have started with a corner block. It is 8 ", 20 cm. square.
I used Sassa Lynne perle fine for all the seams.

9 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

what a beautiful project to start the new year with. :-)

I particularly like the "flowers" you added on each side of the curved chain stitch, very very effective at drawing the eye in.

JK said...

Hello sweetheart! How's our Atti doing?

Hon, you have been busy!!! What beautiful work as always...Do you know we have never been swap partners? List is two years old and how strange is that?

I hope your New Year is full of wonderful new beginnings for you and your family.

Susan said...

Oh, love the colors, Ati! These are going to be beautiful blocks. Is the wool easy to stitch? Your seems are just awesome! I love the fan one the best.

Susan said...

BTW, I gave you the Make My Day Award. =)

Hideko Ishida 石田英子 said...

Hi Ati, I am leaving this comment to let you know that I have tagged you on my blog for a Make My Day Award. Hideko

Doreen G said...

How beautiful the square is Ati and the stitching is exquisite.

Anonymous said...

Ati, You have my Make My Day Award. I love this block, you are so talented. Lynn in MN

Maddie Can Fly said...

Beautiful colors on this block Ati. And as always, your stitching is just superb!

Anonymous said...

Hoi Ati, dat is nou echt wat we bedoelen met "recyclen"! Het ziet er fantastisch uit, mooie kleuren!
Groetjes, WILMA