17 May 2008

TIF April

This are the TIF colors for April and here is what Sharon gave us as the challenge:
There are stages in life when it is almost unacceptable to change. For instance it is often implied that it is not acceptable to change when you are middle aged and the desire for change at this stage in life is often referred to as a mid life crisis. Yet often at the same time, in the work place expensive consultants are being hired to help corporations and institutions ‘manage change’. We are expected to adapt to different work stresses and embrace change in the work place but changes our private lives is framed as bit of issue. It amuses me when people say we have to learn to live with change as change has always been part of life. As soon as we are born we start to grow in other words we start to change.
How do you see change? That is the challenge topic this month.

I do see changes as positive. Changes keep you alive and updated. If all thing should stay the same it should have made me bored. When I look back at my life there have been many changes. All those changes have enriched my life and made what I am now.

In contrast with the traditional blocks in CQ I have made so far for the tif challenge, here I have used a piece of the "rusted" fabric what already had variations of browns. I have added dark brown strips of fabrics , some gold pieces of net, bronze antique beads and a few sequins.

Not satisfied with the result I added some organza pieces and yearn with the embellisher.

On the back I wrote:

Change=renew

Renew=discover

Discover=learn

Learn= grow

Grow=change

Here a photo of the surface.
As always you can click on the photos to enlarge.

5 comments:

Julie said...

An interesting post Ati and I like your word chain.

Lise said...

All of a sudden you have made something "very different" - and very nice!! The last photo gives a very good impression - and I agree with Julie, I like the chain of words.

artisbliss said...

This is great Ati, and I like what you said about change.

Gunnels blog said...

Yes, I agree, this is great Ati! I like it very much! And the "rusty" is very exciting! I wat to try it

Tyanne said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts about change, and especially enjoyed this piece of artwork. Nicely done.