16 May 2008

TIF March ( at least ;)

At least my March page from the TIF challenge is ready. Above the A side of this page and below the B side, made from needle-felt made with the embellisher.
The size of the block is 8 ", 20 cm square.
It took so long, because I was a bit down with those colors and I had so much to do with RR.
But here it is: A bunch of flowers for all my internet friends as I wrote in my post from March 9:

The TIF challenge of March are those colors and the idea: do you ever notice the little things in life? Sometimes the small things become emblematic for something larger.I didn't know what to do with this until early this morning. I was awake very early and thought about the swap-blocks I do so often.Suddenly it came to me that all those tiny stitches we all do on our work become often a nice quilt.And what also came in my mind was: without doing those stitches I never would have met all of you !! This is really a great thing which comes from the tiny stitches !!The most important thing so far in my quilt life is the contact with other people, other women. So, this is my March block, I shall make much tiny stitches and keep contact with all of you if possible :-))


17 comments:

Kathy said...

Your block is just lovely, perfect silk ribbon embellishments for the TIF color combinations. Love the idea of a front and back. Now what are your plans for this block?

Karrin Hurd said...

Great block Ati, I love the idea of a back and front!

paulahewitt said...

What a lovely sentiment. The flowers are beautiful.I think i like the back even more than the front if thats possible!

laplandyellow said...

thanks to yoy that i can see all your work!also your hands stay never in rust.

PAULE said...

Lovely block... It's worth the waiting !

Paule - Reunion Island

Doreen G said...

What a lovely block Ati and an equally lovely sentiment.

Ati. Norway. said...

I really mean what I wrote, without my internet friends I would be hopeless lost here in the outside of Norway.
None of the people in this little village has ever heard of CQ and none of them knows what I do with the wool and the yarn, So I am happy with the feedback of all of you!
to Kathy: I have made a front/back page in January and february too and all 12 pages will become a fabric journal.

artisbliss said...

So beautiful, Ati. I love the tiny ribbon flowers.

Cathy K said...

Very lovely, Ati! The color are so fresh. What a wonderful post to look at and read! Hugs from Utah, Cathy

Tanguera said...

Wonderful block. Love the flowers.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Ati, Your TIF silk ribbon project is very pretty. But I absolutely love the wool felted and stitch piece truly gorgous. Hugs Judy

Julie said...

Ati, this is beautiful! I love both sides too. I have ambitions to try crazy quilting but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll take some on holiday with me :)

Maureen said...

Both sides are beautiful - maureen x

Lisa said...

Lovely! The purple flowers are wonderful! I must learn how to make those! What a great journal this will make!

Laurence said...

Very beautiful.
Laurence

Sabine K. said...

You show very nice craft-art. I especially like your crazy in this post.
Sabinelike

Ribbonwiz said...

Ati,
Thank you for your comment ,
I love this block, it is so beautiful, the flowers are just gorgeous.
I feel like you about my internet friends, we are so far apart but joined together by our love of CQ, sewing and our hearts.
Hugs