22 May 2008

TIF May

Sharon wrote: How do you describe yourself as an artist? One moment I am doing one thing that could be described easily as Art and the next I am doing something else that is craft! One moment my curiosity has lead me to to look at something quite strange as beautiful like the mould that grows on food in the fridge and the next I am looking at something most people would find familiar and boring and finding it fascinating like the bubbles in the washing up water. One of the ways I try and make sense of what I do is by defining what ever it is, as clearly as I possibly can. I think most people do that. The way I see it is if you can’t talk about what you do, or haven’t taken care in how you think about what you do, how do you expect others to respect the way you spend your time? Or how do expect people to respect what you make?
OK there is a few questions in the passage above but this month the challenge question is what do you call yourself and why?

I see myself as a craft-worker. By accident I create sometimes something what could be art, but I don't look at myself that way.
I am a craft-worker and that is what I can.
The May colors are very feminine and while working on this piece , also on mothers-day, I would like to dedicate this page to all mothers.
The lace in the upper corner is one of my first bobbin-lace pieces I made, I have cut it in half now to emphasis the feminine look.
On the back is a sort of poem, a free translation:

Mothers-day.
Everything you really love
will always give warmth,
also when it is gone.
It 'll always be a part of you,
a piece of your life.






9 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your May piece Ati, it is wonderful. Love the poem too!

artisbliss said...

Beautiful, Ati. The bobbin lace is such a nice touch. Lovely.

Gerry said...

Your May block is just lovely, Ati. Perfect match to the challenge colors. The large lace piece at the corner is beautiful.
And your Mother's Day saying is very touching.

Julie said...

What a lovely delicate and feminine piece Ati and a lovely way to remember Mother's Day.

Lise said...

For me this is art, Ati!! Very delicate, and the poem is lovely.

Guzzisue said...

the colours are just perfect, the lace beautiful...love it :)

konnykards said...

Lovely, I see your work as art and inspirational to us all, Connie.

Waltraud said...

Hi Ati,
your TIF for May is so beautiful,
regards
Waltraud

Rengin Yazitas said...

I loved what you've done. Your work is real sample of art and it is so meaningful too.
Love,
Rengin