11 June 2008

atc made of French knots

This atc is made of french knots only. In the group Textilechallenges we do a hand stitch lottery this month. I got the french knots. I didn't know that a atc can be sóó large ;-)
I just began without an idea an liked to make an abstract atc.
But when it was ready I discovered a figure sitting in the heather on a nice summer day and giving away a heart!
Maybe that was the meaning with it. Make something with your heart and give it away.
This atc will fly to Cathy Winter in the USA.
As always you can click on the photo to enlarge ( and see hundreds of knots :)

14 comments:

Doreen G said...

Well done Ati I looks beautiful

artisbliss said...

What a lot of work! It's beautiful.

Annie said...

I think I would have given up long before finishing this piece. But I'm glad you continued because it's a very pretty little thing.

anne said...

I really like it. Super!

Genie said...

Beautiful!!
Good work

Julie said...

Beautiful work Ati. I like the thread you have used too.

Micki said...

It's beautiful Ati. It does take a lot of time to stitch that many french knots!

Laurence said...

Fantastic atc.

ewa-christine said...

Lovley knots!!!

Veri said...

it is wonderful! did you dream in the night after embrodering from these french knots :-)
have a nice day - Veri

Conni said...

You did a beautiful job on this! Wonderful texture.

Cathy W said...

I just now noticed your link to your blog in our TC group! I love this ATC & can't believe that it will eventually get through the mail to my home in Houston! Thank you Ati -- I LOVE IT & love the story -- I had not noticed the lady sitting in the heather before! Love it love it love it!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Ati, I love this very creative ATC I have never seen a ATC with French knots but this is very lovely. I must start creating too. You motivate and inspire me to start creating again. Hugs Judy

Virginia said...

Ati,
I like it very much. You inspired me with some ideas! :)