26 July 2008

TIF challenge July

Sharon wrote: The challenge this month is perhaps a bit obvious but I am going to ask …What is it to be at the half way mark?
For me three word lead to a mix of ideas. "Half", "Way" and "Mark" all lead off into interesting directions that can be represented in all sorts of ways. So that is the challenge for this month.


I couldn't do much with the challenge "half way". Yes, it is half way the year and time flies !

I choose the colors given by Sharon to make an 8 inch, 20 cm. block.

It will become the seventh page in my fabric book which I will make of all the challenge blocks at the end of this year.

11 comments:

Doreen G said...

A beautiful Block Ati with lovely seam stitches.

Micki said...

Beautiful Ati. As alwasys your stitching is so lovely.

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous block Ati!

Violette Severin said...

I love the yellow/gold fabrics that you used, especially the floral.

Karen South said...

Love the piece of fabric you used in the center! Great block ... and hard to believe the end of the month is just days away. I better get started piecing my July block also.

gaylenona said...

You've done a great job with the colors. I couldn't quite relate to them this month. I especially like the upper left seam. Using multi colors on the flowers is SO lovely. Nice work!

Lisa said...

So pretty Ati! I love the colors. What terific little flower beads you used!

wilma said...

love the colors Ati, especially the fabric with my favorite flower the hydrangea! Have never seen those little flower sequins before!

Waltraud said...

I love your interpretation!
REgards
Waltraud

Waltraud said...

I love your interpretation!
REgards
Waltraud

Susan said...

This block is gorgeous! Of course, I love the colors, but more than that, you have used some wonderful embellishment ideas. Is the lace medallion one you made? Are those sequin flowers in the upper left corner? I love those and haven't seen anything like that over here. The heart is really different, too.