04 September 2008

TIF September



Sharon wrote: This month the topic is lists.
I am a great fan of lists. If I have a trivial thing to remember if I put it on a list that I can attend to it at a suitable time it is out of my head for the moment. If I don’t do that I have an internal demon reminding me constantly not to forget such and such. Constantly remembering it clutters my head. By putting it on a to do list it gets it out of my head and enables me to think of other things. I can forget about it and get on with day thinking about things without constant personal reminders.
Lists can also expose us to new things. For instance lists of books to read can mean you are exposed to a book you might not have read before. The same positive aspect can apply to lists of stitches. A list of stitches can mean you try out a stitch in a way that you normally would not do
.
Every year my September month is filled with lists. We always go to the Netherlands to visit our daughter and grandchildren and other family and friends. We stay in a holiday cottage and have to bring out own towels and so on.
Also a shopping list for the supermarket on the day we arrive.
A list what we should take with us for friends and what we will buy in the Netherlands.
So, it came in handy that Sharon asked : do you make lists? Yes ,you see, I do!
Without my lists I would go lost this month :-)
It is a kind of CQ block, 20cm. 8"square and will be the 9th page in my fabric book.

5 comments:

Plays with Needles said...

Ati, I really love the creativity of this block. What a fabulous idea! I wrote about a book not too long ago which suggests that we save our lists as a type of journal...there is also a "to do" list blog where lots of interesting lists are shared. Here's the link to the post http://plays-with-needles.blogspot.com/2008/08/boys-are-away.html and good luck with this great little piece of art!

Jacquelines blog said...

leuk idee, Ati....!!!!

Lise said...

Den var morsom, Ati! Jeg skal ta fram min ferieliste snart - laget den for noen år siden - veldig kjekk å ha når man ferierer i leilighet enten på Kanariøyene eller Hellas!! God tur til Nederland!

Magpie Sue said...

My but you are quick! Guess you had to be since you have such a busy month ahead :- )

Simone said...

What a nice idea. I think I would make a list of things I would like to do in my life. Very lovely the block you'd made.
Warmest regards
Simone