07 December 2008

DYB-RR block

Here is my block for Cobi ( the Netherlands) in this DYB-RR from the group CQI.
Cobi's theme is India. The size of the block is 6", 15 cm square.
I had to go out of my comfort zone to embellish this block.
Much glamour and glitter.
I have embroidered a painted hand what they do in India with special occasions.
Made a shihsa and have added more sequins than I normally do.
You may wonder why I have added green threads and green sequins?
Have a look below and you see four other blocks from this series, they have green silk fabric and are embelished by four other ladies in this group.



15 comments:

Janny said...

Wat een goede combinatie met de anderen. Heel erg mooi !

Murgelchen94 said...

Oh, it´s wonderful work.
Nice 2.Advent.
Greetings,
Helga

Waltraud said...

so beautiful,
have a nice week,
regards
Waltraud

Violette Severin said...

I love the hand that you embroidered. It was a great idea to add it.

Julie said...

It's beautiful Ati and I love the hand.

Plays with Needles said...

The hand is absolutely my favorite part...Beautiful work.

Tricks said...

I love the colour combinations Ati, Really beautiful. BW Tricia x

Karen said...

You do wonderful work, even outside your comfort zone! :)

Maddie Can Fly said...

The hand is wonderful -- it makes the whole block. Great work Ati.

meanderingmuse said...

This is stunningly beautiful - love the gorgeous rich colours and your embroidery is fabulous.
Jill

cq4fun said...

Ati, I love the hand! It is just the perfect thing for the block. Looks like Sassa Lynne threads? The green additions were really necessary, and I love how you brought the color into the block.

Patricia said...

The hand looks terrific. I wonder what the significance is, do you know? and then what is a shisha? obviously something in your block but I don't know what!
Pat
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com

Ottilias Veranda said...

Hi Ati!
Thanks for visiting me. You know quilting and especially crazy quilting is on my "I wanna learn to do before I retire" list. Fabulous!

Liisa

Conni said...

The embroidered hand is especially beautiful - the whole block is lovely...

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Jeg elsker dem!