15 December 2008

TIF challenge December

This month Sharon wrote on her blog:
For the final challenge of the year and since it is the gift giving season and many of us run ourselves ragged either making gifts or buying them I want to ask what is the idea of generosity to you. That is the theme for this month. So just take a few moments and think about what it is to give and how would you represent that visually.
For those who want an easy challenge or simply too busy to think, doing the colour scheme is not difficult and it can be applied to a seasonal project. If on the other hand, since this is the last challenge for the series a more difficult challenge is appealing then the question about what generosity is to you is will be interesting.



And here are the colors given




As you see I did nothing with the theme and have only used the colors to make a Christmas block.
This is the last challenge of the "Take It Further" year and I like to thank Sharon for the ideas she offered to use the year round to make something different.
For me it was often a challenge to use both the theme and the colors.
This block is 8", 20 cm square.
I have made a fabric book of the pages, you can see it on my Flickr page HERE.

12 comments:

EMBELLISHER said...

That's a cute little X'mas block.Have to work on myTIF piece for December. Hope your Christmas and new year are peaceful and beautiful.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wonderful book Ati! I kept up very well all year until the Christmas rush struck and now I'm behind Nov & Dec. I'll catch up after Christmas tho. Mine are going to be made into a wall quilt at some point.

Conni said...

Cute block - and I loved looking at your finished book on Flickr. Great job!!!

Doreen G said...

A lovely block for December Ati and I love you finished book.
I am nearly finished my block for December and I hope to get it all together before the end of the year.

Lisa said...

How wonderful to see the book with all the blocks together in it! I love that you used so many techniques throughout it! Lovely!

Waltraud said...

Great - wonderful colours!

artisbliss said...

This is very cute!

Violette Severin said...

The tree block is too cute.

Karen said...

A wonderful Christmas block.

cq4fun said...

As always, I love your stitching. This was a great way to use the TIF colors. Congratulations for sticking with it all year long!

Patricia said...

I really like the Christmas tree block, love the way you decorated your tree. Have a wonderful holiday,

Pat
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.blogspot.com

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Merry Christmas Ati, I think your Christmas tree block is soooo very pretty. I love how you embellished it too. Hugs Judy in very cold and blustery Michigan