03 February 2009

Altered needlefelt

In a group 'Unlimited Textiles' we have done a UFO challenge in January. ( see the green-blue quiltie I did, a few weeks below)
Above the leftover piece of needlefelt which I sent to Val (GB). Below how it came back to me.
Val has cut up the piece first, painted it with blue and yellow , sewed it together again, add some bronze and cut out a postcard, an atc for my collection and 3 inchies to play with, she wrote.
It is very interesting to see what one can do with leftovers from a project.
I, myself should never thought of painting felt. It is nice to see so much possibilities in the mix media-world :)



14 comments:

Miekenoor said...

Wow, that's a neat piece of felting. Lovely!

Genie said...

Beautiful

Murgelchen94 said...

Wonderful.
LG,
Helga

Alis said...

Isn't it fun to see what others do with your work and wonderful to learn something new.
Great pieces.

Tricks said...

Wow Ati these altered pieces are really lovely, Best Wishes Tricia

Margarita Korioth said...

I agree with Alis, how fun to see what others do with yout work!

corryna said...

How wonderful to exchange UFO's and get such a nice result!

Waltraud said...

A wonderful piesce of felting!
LG
Waltraud

ewa-christine said...

Lovley!!!

Guzzisue said...

I love this idea :-)

Julaine Lofquist-Birch said...

Your art is delightful to see...thank you for brightening my day!

teodo said...

I like your felted cards ...............
your crazy are STUPENDI ( amazing).
ciao ciai

needlewings said...

How awesome!!! Great work!

Heather said...

I love what has been done with your felt, but I also love the vibrant colours of it before it was painted. I would never have thought of painting felt, but it gives a very good result. I love the crazy patchwork pieces on your earlier posts too.