21 February 2009

Lesson three, Pink Poppies.

For lesson three from Terri Stegmillers class I painted two pieces of cotton with acrylic paint.
The meaning was that I should make an abstract quilt from one piece this week.
But the cotton piece shouted to me : I AM A LANDSCAPE!
So, it became a landscape.
I have machine quilted and machine-and hand-embroidered and added bits and pieces to make it cheerful to look at. The bobbin-lace square is made by me years ago.
And the ( wood) cat was a brooch :-))
The two green bushes have been earclips.
the size is 15x11 inch. 38x28 cm.
I named the quilt "Pink poppies field".
You can click on the photo to see the details.



11 comments:

Murgelchen94 said...

It´s very lovely, with my old cat Tessa.
LG,
Helga

Kayla coo said...

Hello,
Thank you for your kind comment.
Lovely to use lots of different materials in your work.x

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That looks great. I need to do more background painting too on certain projects :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Doreen G said...

Well done Ati it is beautiful.

cq4fun said...

I love the different techniques you combined on this one. You have developed so many talents and it is fun to see them work together. A lovely wall piece!

Lurline said...

Beautiful, Ati!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Margreet said...

Heel iets anders, erg mooi zo subtiel

Anni's Art said...

Wonderful piece of art work, love that you have used so many differents techniques.

Liz Schaffner said...

Love your postcard!
Great job!!
Liz

Alis said...

Great work Ati. I love your landscape and that kitty is very cheeky!

Juliann said...

Hei og takk for sist da vi møttes på utstillinga di! Du inspirerte oss med dine kunstverk! Noko eg gløymde å spørje deg om var om du maler stoffa dine, no ser eg her i bloggen at du bruker akrylmaling. Er det en spesiell sort du anbefaler (merke? samme akrylmaling som brukes til maleri?) eller er det vanlig tekstilmaling? God søndag frå Juliann