15 February 2009

mini quilt "summer".

This little wall-quilt is the result of lesson two from Terri Stegmiller's class I am doing at the moment. ( see the post below)
I used a batik butterfly as a focus point.
I made a large piece of batik with hot wax for about 30 years ago.
The batik was never used because the piece was to small for a blouse at the time I made it. Now I have cut out a butterfly.
The background is plain light creme cotton which I have painted ( stamped) with acrylic paint. It is free hand quilted by machine.
The size is 40,5 x 48,5 cm. 16x19,25 inch. My own design.
You can click on the photo to enlarge and see the details.

9 comments:

kin'xp said...

Nice pages!
we like your blogging style and we want to sponsor your blog.
If you want us to link your blog in our site,
put us in your blogroll and

1.send us your site/blog address;
2.send us a representative image of your blog (if you have one);
3.send us a brief description of your site.

we would be honored to sponsor you!



ilinkyoursite staff
"I link your site"

Murgelchen94 said...

Hey Ati,
it´s realy summer. I love the summer.
LG,
Helga

StegArt said...

It turned out fantastic Ati!

Karen said...

Beautiful!

Maureen said...

Beautiful again Ati, you are doing some fanrtastic work.

Genie said...

Hi Ati, a lovely piece

Barbara B. said...

Hello Ati. It's a wonderful mimiquilt. The The batik butterfly is super! Outside it is winter, but if I see yours quilt, then is summer.
LG Barbara

Conni said...

Oooh, another lovely little quilt!

cq4fun said...

I love the balance of your design elements. This is really pretty. What a wonderful background!