08 February 2009

mini quilt

Last week I made this mini quilt 31x32,5 cm. 12,25x12,75 inch.
This is my own design.
It a partly by machine and partly by hand. The tulips and the chickens are appliqued by hand with the buttonhole stitch. The stem of the leaves is made from two yarn threads , couched down with perle 5, also the rick-rack is couched down with perle 5.
I do an online class:" Mixed-Media Collage for the Fiber Artist" from Terri Stegmiller and this is the result of lesson one.
Draw your design and use misty fuse to keep the applique in place. I had never used misty fuse before and it was very handy :)
Tomorrow lesson two comes in the mail, I am curious what that will be.

16 comments:

Guzzisue said...

I bet it was fun to try a different style :-) looking forward to see what you get to do with lesson two,

Lurline said...

Beautiful little quilt - hugs - Lurline♥

Doreen G said...

I love it Ati.

acereta said...

Very nice! I am from Russia and I am not a quilter, but I like so much admiring all the beautiful quilts that I see in your and other blogs.
Irina

Candi said...

It's just beautiful. Looks like it was lots of fun to do too.
hugz:)

Lisa said...

This is so lovely! A breath of spring in winter!

cq4fun said...

That is so cute. Did the misty fuse come in with the instructions, or was there a place close by to buy it? I have read about it on Allie's blog, but not tried it myself.

Waltraud said...

Hi Ati,
I am looking forward to spring when I see this quilt!
REgards
Waltraud

Alis said...

What a lovely quilt Ati. Very spring like and I love the cute birdies ;0)

Maureen said...

This is really lovely Ati!

Tricks said...

Hi Ati,
Love your chicks, really makes me think of Spring, lovely best wishes Tricia

Conni said...

What a sweet little quilt!

Murgelchen94 said...

Beautiful. It is spring.
LG,
Helga

MargaretR said...

It's a beautiful quilt Ati. I enjoyed Terri's classes too.

Anni's Art said...

Wonderful little quilt it makes me think of spring.

Lorenza said...

Ati, you are an excellent pupil!
I love the miniquilt