04 March 2009

Helinä's DYB-rr block

Helinä sewed 6 blocks in the colors of the painting on the photo above.
The painting is made by a Finnish painter Akseli Gallen-Kallela ( 1884).
It was her idea to get a CQ quilt in this misty atmosphere.
I didn't find it easy. It would have been much easier for me to get paint and a brush.
After all this must become CQ !
I have embellished this block as good as I could and I hope she likes it, the size is 15 cm square, 6 inch.
If Helinä doesn't like the black cat it is very easy to chase him away :)
The painter didn't see him in the high grass but I did. LOL



9 comments:

Alis said...

Oh Ati I think it is wonderful!
I'm certain that Helina will love it but if not it can come and live here, black cat too.

laplandyellow said...

knap gedaan, fijn dat je al het materiaal in huis hebt.

Stitchety Grub said...

Very Cool Ati ... great job ...I love the colours in the painting and your piece... fabulous
Britt in Australia

libbyquilter said...

good morning Ati~!~

you've interpreted the painting very well with your stitching and i love your addition of the black cat that the painter couldn't see in the grass~!!~

libbyQ

Maureen said...

A good interpretation Ati, but not an easy one I imagine!

cq4fun said...

Your block is a wonderful blend of the colors, and I'm sure the black cat will stay! I love that painting.

Francy said...

Such a pretty block....she will love it.

Sabii Wabii said...

You quiling is beautiful.
The paining looks like my hubbies are although his is watercolor. Sheck is out at DaveHuddleston.com if you get a chance.

Sharon said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I enjoy your blog. Sharon