11 April 2009

Album Amicorum page

This is a fabric page 15x20 cm, 6x8 inch. It is for an Album Amicorum ( a friends book)for Joke in Sweden. I met Joke on Stichin' fingers months ago and saw on her blog that she is swapping those pages with friends. I like that idea very much and asked her if she also would swap such a page with me. This one has arrived in Sweden now and when the page from Joke arrives here, I will show that too.
On the back of those pages is a poem or a proverb, your name and date.
The poem I wrote is from Toon Hermans:

Alles is heimwee
Wolken en water
Alles is heimwee
Naar vroeger.....naar later
Vroeger is over
Later.....een ster
Gisteren is oud
En morgen nog ver.

free translation:
Everything is nostalgia
Clouds and water
everything is nostalgia
to the past...and the future
the past is gone
the future .. a star
yesterday is old
and tomorrow so far.

4 comments:

Murgelchen94 said...

Hello Ati,
the post from norway to Germany is quick, the post from Germany to Norway is a snail. Sorry.
Happy Eastern and fine weather.
LG,
Helga

Maia said...

Hello Ati.
I always read your blog.
I love all your work, too!!
maia

Janny said...

Ati, Jouw amicorumpage is heel erg mooi geworden. Ik zag dat Joke er heel erg blij mee was.

Deb H said...

Thank you for coming to visit my blog, & your kind comment!

I will add yours to my list. It seems we have very similar interests. I love your felting pieces as well as your crazy patch.

I look at fabric collage as an updated version of Crazy Quilting!

Your work is lovely!