25 May 2009

Pincushion swap


The pincushion which is on its journey to the USA. There it will find a new owner within two weeks. I made the naked pincushion a while ago and embroidered the sre roses and added the flowers in the weekend when I learned that the receiver likes blue :)
The diameter of the pincushion is 12 cm. 4,5 inch.
Silk ribbon embroidery roses and needle-lace flowers. ( oyas from Turkey)
There is enough empty space left to stick pins in the cushion.
I made a little package with fabrics which are nice together and put in also an fabric-paper atc, which is not on the photo. I hope the receiver likes what I sent her.

A long time ago I made a tutorial how to make this pincushion.
You can find it here. Below every photo is a discription what to do.


16 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it! Wish it was coming to my house. You have a wonderful and inspiring blog.

Dolores said...

The pincushion is beautiful! What a lucky recipient.

miekenoor said...

I really love you pincushion. I've made one, too. And mine din't become so beautifully round as mine. I guess I did something wrong... could you explain to me (and perhaps others) hou you close the open space when you filled it, to get it completely round???

Cobi said...

Ati dat speldenkussen is een schoonheid. Je hebt er een leuk pakketje van gemaakt ook. Ik weet zeker dat degene voor wie het is er blij mee is.

Anonymous said...

Ati wat mooi!! wat een werk,
Heb even je webje weer bekeken, zag weer mooie blokken voorbij komen, heb genoten.
Fijne dag uit het zonnige Zweden

AngelDoll said...

Beautiful pincushion Ati. I also wish it was coming to my house.

TIRIL SOL said...

It was just beautiful:-))))

Wilma said...

Hi Ati, didn't look at your blog for some days and once again you have been quite busy making beautiful things, love the pincushion with the oya's!

Ulla said...

Just so so beautiful.
Ulla

Annet said...

What a lovely pincushion. Thanks for the link to your tutorial, it's just what I needed!

Carol said...

Your pincushion is gorgeous. I'm taking part in the same swap. Still making mine.

Maureen said...

I love that pin cushion Ati, both the colour and the flowers, lucky recipient.

Maureen said...

I love that pin cushion Ati, both the colour and the flowers, lucky recipient.

Rengin Yazitas said...

Your pincushion is so lovely. I'm so glad to see this lovely piece has some oyas:))
The recipient is so lucky!
Love,
Rengin

grandmarockton said...

I just received the pincushion and LOVE IT almost to good to use. You've done beautiful work ! wonder when you tell me how to make needle lace flowers. I'm am blessed THANK you THANKS , yes I'm the lucky one!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Ati, Lovely PC. Your SRI and the OYA are very pretty on this PC. Lovely work!! Hugs Judy