12 February 2010

Crazy quilt eye candy

This is Loreza's block in a "step by step"round robin in the CQAW group. I was the fourth person to had to work on this block. The beautiful embroidery is done by Maureen and Anne and the 'item's are made by Margreet. My task was' to do' the beads. I started with the snow on the mountains with a white/silver beadsoup.
After that I gave all the flowers a bead-heart. Then glass beads along the lake shore for a 'water-sparkle'. In the end I made some little flowers from sequins in the lower corner.
I hope Lorenza likes my additions. The size of this block is approx. 12x13 inch. 30x33 cm.
Now the block goes to Helinä, she is the last person who will do 'the finishing touch"and then the block goes back to Lorenza in Italy. It was Lorenza who pieced this block, it is a view near her home in the neighborhood of the Alps.
Please click on the photo to see the great embroidery from Maureen and Anne and the crochet items Margreet made! The sails of the sailboat are knitted from crochet thread!

16 comments:

hannie said...

Mede door jou kralen toevoegingen is het een prachtig blok geworden Ati! Het kan haast niet anders of Loreza is er erg blij mee!

Janny said...

Werkelijk een plaatje...!

Murgelchen94 said...

It looks only wonderful. I saw the beginning. Very good work by the ladies.
LG,
Helga

tiny said...

Ik vind het geweldig om met in totaal 5 mensen aan zo'n crazy blok te werken. Ge weldig

Groet Tiny

Wilma said...

My compliments to all ladies that worked on this block, for me it looks finished already.... I think
Lorenza will be very, very pleased!

Lorenza said...

My block is more and more bautiful to every step, I can't wait to have it in my hands. Thank you so much. Hugs Lorenza

Rose Anne B said...

Ati that is just an awesome postcard scene. Very well done my dear!

pineapple_ing said...

Heel Moi, Ati!!! It looks almost like your own front yard, LOL! Beautiful!!!
USA hugs van ~ Ingrid in S. CA

Plays with Needles said...

There is so much to love about this block. Margreet did a lovely job of those trees, the sails and the flowers. Did you create those ribbon organza trails down the mountain? That was inspired! I also loved how you beaded the snow on the tops and how they were all different.

The whole piece is really very appealing overall -- beginning with the piecing. It makes me want to do a round robin. I just don't have the time and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep the commitment. xo Susan

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Ati - this is a wonderful round robin block. It must have been such a fun round robin to do!!
Hugs,
Kerry

crazyQstitcher said...

The girls have made wonderful additions to my original stitches and I find so many things to admire.

I like the use of the ribbon for snow and water movement Ati.

A great photo too, very easy to see everything.

Jeanne said...

Een droomblok , prachtig! je wilt absoluut daar naar toe voor vacantie !

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Så morsomt at du blitt med på Amish utfordringen!! jeg synes det var en veldig morsom oppgave.... Den quilten du har laget er også veldig fin!! Jeg skal sy på amish quilten nå. Det er fint med OL, da kan jeg sy og høre på tv!! Hilsen AnneK:-)

Thelma said...

Such a wonderful block!! The piecing, and the work you Ladies have done! Awesome!!

Thorne and Josh said...

Ati, I love your beading! Everything looks so wonderful, and those sequins are just perfect along the bottom. The work of all the ladies was beautiful. What a wonderful block to have returned to Lorenza.

cq4fun said...

I love looking at everything up close. Everyone did a great job. Your beading definitely tops things off nicely. At first, I thought the green plants on the green mountain were saguaro cactus! It gives me an idea for how to make them.