23 February 2010

Fabric book pages

This is the fabric-book page I made for Margeet in the Netherlands. Margreet's theme is: With a song in my heart. I have made a needlefelt heart, embroidered it and added beads. Then I sewed it on a fabric page with music notes on it. Inside is a CD with choir songs. Margreet sings in a choir for many years and I thought she might like it.
Below the page Barbara in Germany made for my Cottage Garden book. It is lovely, very nice embroidery. I am a lucky person to get such beautiful pages for my fabric-book. This was the last page in a year round swap. Now I have to make the book!
The pages are 6" ( 15cm) square.



10 comments:

annegu said...

Hallo! Many nice and colourful things you are making..Like especally the last red book-page

annegu said...

hallo!
like many of your thing, espesially the red book-site.
greetings from anne

Doreen G said...

I love the felted heart Ati and the cottage garden page as well.
Your book should be beautiful.

Ruth said...

Så vakre! Jg blir stadig like imponert over disse bildene.

Men du, hvor fort har du sydd det teppet? Du kan jo ikke ha sover de siste nettene. Helt utrolig. Og flott ble det. Gleder meg til å sfå se det helt ferdig.

Ha en fin onsdag.

Maureen said...

That is a lovely felted heart, Margreet will love it and also that last page for your book is beautiful.

hannie said...

Een hartverwarmende pagina heb je gemaakt Ati! Erg origineel met de cd erin verwerkt!
De pagina die je kreeg vind ik ook schitterend, prachtig geborduurd!

Murgelchen94 said...

Hi, Ati,
both pages are wonderful.
I think, I love all pages, all is handmade and much love in it.
LG,
Helga

Plays with Needles said...

Ati, your work sings to my heart! And EVERY time Norway wins another medal, I think of you -- and I see them being added to your neck! Congratulations on all your olympic medals -- that's what you get for being the only person I know in Norway!

Fabric Art said...

Your felted heart is very beautiful and what a great idea with the music page and the cd.
Regards Anni

Em said...

What a peaceful creation!!! gets me excited to see the ocean.