05 March 2010

Album Amicorum swap

I have made this AA page for Margreet in the Netherlands. Half part is my own fabric-paper and the other half is cotton fabric with silk ribbon embroidery and leaves made with DMC perle 5.
On the back a poem. Free translation: NUTS.
When you are young the years fly inconspicuous fast.
But when you hair turns grey, you will notice every May.
You peel carefully all days as a nut out of the shell.
You taste them with pleasure, you eat them one by one.
( Toon Hermans)

Below the AA page Jeanne in Switzerland made for me. Lovely stitchery and some wise words on the back. The size of those pages is 15x20cm. ( 6x8 inch)



4 comments:

tiny said...

Ati wat heb je die mooi gemaakt, ik heb je foto vergroot en nu vraag ik me af heb je die bloem met bandjes gemaakt of was die kant en klaar. Maar heel mooi broduurwerk.
Groet Tiny

Fabric Art said...

What a wonderful silk ribbon flower you have made on this page Ati, love silk ribbon flowers and I've just been on the course to learn to sew different roses.

Cathy K said...

Ati, I love your AA for Margreet. The purple flower is VERY lovely!! I may "borrow" that sometime! I think that for our next Retreat, we will do a mini-class on your fabric paper. I have your directions and have watched as you use it creatively here and there. Your work is always so beautiful!! Hugs, Cathy

Plays with Needles said...

Very beautiful Ati. Lucky Margreet!!