21 April 2010

Fabric book pages

 This is my fabric book page for Doreen in Australia. Doreen's theme is " your country".
I found it very difficult to choose. In Norway is só much. We have the sea, lakes, rivers, mountains.
There are lots of wild animals and fish. Much culture and folk art.
But because of the winter Olympics I choose a winter- Norway.
I have knitted a half mitten which has Norwegian pattern. I cut it where normally the thumb is. The star pattern is on the back of the hand and the cross pattern is the inside of the hand.
 The ribbon on top is from a ribbon we use on 17 May. The Norwegian national day.
 It is the day we celebrate that Norway got its own constitution law on 17 May 1814. Before that date Norway was under the law of Denmark.
Then I used the crocheted skates which I made a while ago.
Two buttons are from Norwegian national clothes and a little pin with the flag.
On the back I sewed an union label because I thought it is nice to see that in our language we use an Å , å and an Ø , ø.


Below the page Marja in the Netherlands made for me. My theme is "yellow".
Marja made a very nice page for me with nice embroidery and many shades of yellow.
Those fabric book pages are 15 x 15 cm. (6 inch) square.

11 comments:

Janny said...

Both are great pages Ati. You had lovely ideas about the page you made.
Doreen is a lucky one to get it !

PeggyR said...

I'm glad you found your country difficult as being in the US there's a lot to show!

tiny said...

Ati geweldig wat een leuk idee om een kaart te maken die gebreid is. ik vind het echt helemaal Noors.
En van Marja heb je ook een geweldige kaart gekregen wat zonnig die gele kleur.
Groet Tiny

hannie said...

Dus daar waren de leuke schaatsjes voor bedoeld!
Een mooie pagina,en je kreeg ook een prachtige gele terug

Ulla said...

Winter sport and sunshine.
Wonderful pages.
Ulla

Doreen G said...

I love my page Ati and it is a great start to my book-thank you very much.

Ruth said...

Hei Ati. Den var fin, så nå er mysteriet med den halve votten løst. Håper dere har en fin tur. Klem Ruth.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Ati, Your Country Page is super great. I am sure she will love it. Your art is always wonderful and I admire it allot. Hugs Judy

Lisa said...

Lovely page! I like how you used the Norwegian knitting pattern for the background!

What a beautiful view you have from your home!

Plays with Needles said...

I love your Norway page Ati!!!

randi K design said...

Ja her var det masse flott! hele bloggen er smekk full av kunstverk! Jeg er mektig imponert!
Ser du er i Sogn og Fjordane, - jeg skal til Kaupanger i Juli, hvor min datter bor..kan nesten ikke vente!
Ha en fin sommer!