09 July 2010

Album Amicorum swap

This AA came from Hideko ( Japan).
 She made an AA for me called "midnight garden".
The colors are much nicer in real!
 It is difficult to make a proper photo of silk fabrics.
 The embroidery is great. I always like Hideko's style.
This is the back. There is a Haiku.
 Hideko added the translation on paper for me.
 Here it is:
The peony flowers are out of bloom already.
But suddenly I felt still they are
In my garden.
This is the AA I have made and sent to Ulla in Sweden.
As all my AA's in this swap of the Fibre Fever group I have made it from my fabric-paper and silk ribbon embroidery.
On the back the wise words from mother Theresa:
You cannot all do great things, but you can do little things with great love.

The size of those AA pages is 15x20 cm.  (6x8")

9 comments:

PeggyR said...

What you received is lovely and what you sent is just as lovely!

Gerry Krueger said...

I love the words of Mother Theresa that you used. I am going to paint them on my kitchen wall... and it is helping me make some difficult decisions facing me now... Thanks...

Hugs Gerry

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Så fantastisk swap du driver med!! Jeg har tilgode å prøve crazy quilt. Det du gjør av det er utrolig vakkert!! Håper det blir en varm?? god sommer hos deg!! Hilsen Annekari:-)

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Both are absolutely lovely :)

Micki said...

As usual, your work is beautiful. Hideko's piece is just as lovely.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

These are all so beautiful Ati.
How long does it take you to complete one?

hannie said...

Een bijzonder mooie AA pagina heb je gemaakt Ati. Prachtig geborduurd. Ook de japanse die je kreeg is prachtig!

Val said...

You must be well pleased with this swap Ati - I love your silk roses!

Wendy said...

The card from Hideko is gorgeous - do you have a link to her blog?