12 July 2010

Journal ready

 The cover of my journal. I made a story of the song "Roses of Picardy". This song appeared in 1916 in WW1. It is a sad song but I like it very much.
 All the pages of the book. There are many empty pages were I can write poems I find or sayings which fit to the book. I have the poem of Robert Burns there: red, red rose.  And ofcourse the text of the song: roses of Picardy, spread all over the book.
 The story start with a young couple which had a wonderful life in England.
 Then he had to go to France to the trench war........
If you scroll down on this blog you can see more pages of the book when it was not ready.
I have collected 3 versions of the song now: Frank Sinatra, Jo Stafford and Vince Hill.
I know there are many more, also dixieland and other performers. Maybe you have one? I would be delighted if you sent me it as an attachment by an email :)

22 comments:

Janny said...

Wat een geweldig idee Ati. Daar heb je vast enorm plezier bij gehad, terwijl je het maakte. Ik heb ook nog een LP liggen van Jo Stafford, zal eens kijken of dat liedje er op staat. Ik kan het mij niet herinneren, maar wie weet...!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Your journal is absolutely lovely, what a wonderful set of pages, it must be lovely to leaf through, especially when it's winter and it can remind you of summer :)

Hannie de Beer said...

Wat een bijzonder boek is het geworden Ati! En je keuze voor de titel en verhaal, erg mooi.Ik zal ook eens kijken of ik een gedicht heb over rozen. Het is een geweldig idee!!

Doreen G said...

absolutely beautiful Ati well done.

Pat Winter said...

Very beautiful Ati. What a keepsake you have created.
Hugs,Pat

laplandyellow said...

om jaloers op te worden!

Ann Flowers said...

I love the cover. Simply gorgeous Ati:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Radka said...

I love your Journal, what a nice idea!

Cathy K said...

Your Roses of Picardy journal is a treasure and a beautiful work of art. Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Cathy

Fabric Art said...

Ati what a fantastic journal you have made, every pages are so wonderful, love that your journal tells a story, you can be proud of your work.
Anni

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Oh Ati, your book is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I will show more of mine soon, I've just got home from hospital and also working on my quilt for FOQ, so a busy time!

Have a good week,
Carolyn x

Maureen said...

A lovely book Ati, will look out for the song for you!

Val said...

Your book is amazing Ati - so beautiful. I can 'feel' the pleasure it gave you to make it, coming off the pages!

Trillian said...

Wonderful. That is a very nice project.

desertskyquilts said...

I love your journal, Ati. What a great idea to tell the story. Do you have connections to that time that are included?

Maggie R said...

Your Journal is awesome Ati..
I love the theme. I hope mine turns out as well.
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Moni said...

Your Journal ist absolutely beautiful. I love it !!!
Greetings - Moni

Murgelchen94..... Be yourself...an original is always more valuable than a copy. said...

Hi Ati,
it is absolutley lovely and a great work.

LG,
Helga

maggi said...

What a beautiful journal Ati

Cindy Is Crafty said...

How fabulous is your journal. I love it!

Jack said...

I found you through Lottie's Artful Journey and just want to say these journals are fabulous. xx

Jack said...

I love your journal, so inspiring. xx