03 September 2010

new life for flea market book

 Here is the first double page I made to fit in a old book cover (below). I have used techniques which I have learned in the workshop Collage Coterie.
Do you remember I bought old books on a flea market a few weeks ago. This is one of them. I left the cover as it was, I liked the old paper and the red linen strip. I only have added the image from a painting from Alphonse Mucha.
 I have glued a new end paper on the inside covers and use the old book pages to make the collages on.
The book holds together with three loose leaf rings.

6 comments:

Anneke said...

wat prachtig ati
als het boek af is zal het er super uit zien.
je hebt prachtige details aangebracht ook.
fijn weekend meisje

Doreen G said...

Gosh Ati you sure are making a lot of books lately and they are all beautiful.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything is gorgeous -- whether you are using papers or fabrics. Absolutely beautiful! Have a great weekend. :) Tammy

Hannie said...

Dit wordt ook weer een prachtig werkstuk!
Ga je er speciale dingen in maken b.v reizen, en dergelijke, of "gewoon" wat je mooi vind of tegenkomt? In beide gevallen,wordt het schitterend denk ik!

Radka said...

I love this idea of giving an old book a new life!

Lottie said...

Absolutely perfect - what a gorgeous book this will be