08 September 2010

Online workshop Collage Coterie

 Above lesson 6 from the online workshop I do. The prompt given was 'alter'. I painted an old book page with 3 layers of very thin acrylic paint and gesso. I have used two of the four images which came with the lesson. I cut them up in several pieces so that it looks totally different from the original. This is made in the moleskine journal, double page.

Below the result from lesson 7. The prompt was 'layers'.
I made this wall-hanging from an old book cover.It had nice end paper with a frame and many stains. I didn't cover it all. I also saved the mark of the shop. ( the little brown rectangle besides the photo) It is unique, the shop doesn't exist longer and the telephone number is só short :) First I copied a page from a book which has the dialect from the area Westfriesland in the Netherlands, where I grew up.The photo of the farmhouse and the map are copies. The photo from the Westfriese family is original. I have had this photo for years and now it was time to use it.
The lace is vintage. I used the triangle to repeat the roof of the farmhouse.
The size of the double book-cover is 24x13cm. ( 9,5x12 inch) without the hanger and the lace-triangle on the bottom. 

                       

8 comments:

lindaschiffer said...

Oh, Ati, your piece on layers is lovely! (Monte Carlo is nice, but the other is wonderful!!:) Such a lovely vintage feel - so delicate and earthy at the same time. wonderful!

:) Linda

Murgelchen94..... Be yourself...an original is always more valuable than a copy. said...

Yes, Ati, only wonderful the Hommage of Friesland.
LG,Helga

Jo said...

These are both lovely, Ati. I love how there is so much personal detail in your layers collage - that photo is really very special. Beautiful work!

Hannie said...

Heel bijzonder je boekpagina Ati!Leuk om op deze manier de steden weer te geven.
En ook je Friesland hanger is erg goed gelukt. Wat fijn dat je die foto,zo lang bewaarde. Zo zie je maar, eigenlijk kunnen alles gebruiken!

Lottie said...

Oh Ati - you are doing wonderful things on this workshop. I just love the results.

Sadly I have lost my 'mojo' for a while now - so not done any crafting of late. I have been busy doing so many other things with the veggie harvest.

Nothing new on my blog alas.

Mariul said...

Hi Ati
Love looking at your blog and admiring your wonderful pieces of art. They all reflect your life.
Keep going and have fun!
Ulla

Elizabeth said...

Ati, I love the Monte Carlo piece - the colours, layout, everything. Beautiful.x

Fabric Art said...

Ati your wall hanger is so beautiful love the lace you have added.
Anni