05 September 2010

På tur

 After a bad, cold and wet summer we have beautiful weather now.
Today we went with our daughters family into the mountains. The first piece we drove by car on a kind of road. The views were great. After the "road" ended, we walked.
The most lovely little flowers and berries on the ground.

 Here we are , me and my daughter walking. It is very special,so high in the mountains, no trees at all!
It was a special occasion , in the neighbourhood they organize such a day every year when the weather is nice. We took with us some food, all the others did that too.
Coffee, cakes, grilled sausages and rømmegrøt. Delicious!
This event is hold on a place where are still a few cabins. (stølsvollen)
 For fifty years ago families lived there during the summertime with the cows and the sheep. One of the old cabins belongs to our daughters family.
I have had a wonderful day today!

8 comments:

Corryna Janssen said...

Och Ati wat is het daar mooi. Wanneer kan ik met mijn gezin op bezoek komen? ;-)
Prachtig!

Hannie said...

Wat schitterend Ati. Om dit te zien,en mee te maken, neem je toch een natte zomer voor lief?

Radka said...

It looks like you had a very special day with your family, and very lucky with the weather!

Lottie said...

I truly think you live in paradise - just amazing

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Ati,
What a lovely area in the Mts. and what a grand tradition with all the neighbors. Hugs Judy

Plays with Needles said...

I enjoyed this post very much Ati. I love the idea of everyone taking a day and heading into the mountains.

I'd be very tempted to visit my daughter's cabin and spend a day just stitching there surrounded by all of that beauty. *sigh

Plays with Needles said...

I enjoyed this post very much Ati. I love the idea of everyone taking a day and heading into the mountains.

I'd be very tempted to visit my daughter's cabin and spend a day just stitching there surrounded by all of that beauty. *sigh

cq4fun said...

Gorgeous pictures! Thank you for sharing a little of the countryside.