18 December 2010

fabric book pages

 This fabric book-page is made for Margreet in the Netherlands. Margreet's theme is birds.
 First I tried to make a real bird but that didn't work for me.
Then I made this whimsical bird and I liked it right away and Margreet also liked it.
 The background is made from my rust-dyed fabric and the bird is made from fabrics and lace I dyed with black currants peel. The green crochet "grass" is the edge from an old doily.
Below the fabric page Ulla in Sweden made for me with the theme: Oriental.
The size of those pages is 15 x 15 cm. ( 6 inch square)

6 comments:

Suztats said...

Beautiful squares. Love your funky bird, Ati! Happy Holidays!

Hannie said...

En leuk is ie je vogel! Geen wonder dat ze er blij mee is!

De oriental pagina is ook heel stijlvol.

Doreen G said...

Love the bird Ati--I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that the new year brings you lots of adventures.

Ruth said...

DEn fuglen var skikkelig morsom. Man blir i godt humør av den fuglen der. :)

Jeg håper du får en fin uke nå frem mot jul. Kos deg masse.

Ruth said...

Hei Ati. For en koselig fugl, "tykk" og god i magen av masse fuglefrø. Nydelig. Ha en fin kveld. Klem Ruth.

desertskyquilts said...

I saw this one on flickr, too, and just loved it! It reminds me so much of all the funny chickens a bunch of us were doing a few years back. I loved those! The colors on your bird are so cheerfully spring-like for the cold outside.