A few months ago I won a give away from Ulla's blog in the north of Sweden.
Nice knitting yarn which was a left over from mittens she had knitted for herself.
It was Marks&Kattens ECO baby ull. Warm and soft.
Ulla wrote that it should be more than enough for an other pair of mittens.
Now I had time to knit the mittens.
I used an easy pattern which you can find on www. redheart.com.
When the mittens were ready there was much yarn left, so I decided to knit a hat to go with the mittens: the republic hat. Pattern on Raverly.
Ofcourse I had to change the amount of stitches but that was not a problem.
On the Republic hat is a large button on the slip on the edge. I didn't have a large button.
Instead I crocheted a rose from the leftover yarn.
It is a bit '20 look now but I like it. Warm over the ears :)
My model is a flowerpot ;-) I couldn't make a photo of myself with the hat and the mittens on.
Thanks again Ulla, now you can see the result :-D