21 February 2011

Fabric book-pages

 I made this page for Monika. ( Germany) Monika's theme is : faces.

I have tried to make an impression of one of the most famous faces in the Norwegian art.
"The scream" ( 1893) made by Edvard Much. ( 1863-1944)
size 15 x 15 cm. 6". Needlefelt made with embellisher machine.This is the original painting.
 It is in the Much museum in Oslo.
More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream
Below the fabric page Maureen in Australia made for me. My theme in this swap is Japan/China.
Isn't it beautiful? I do like the print on fabric and the sashiko quilt-stitching.

 

10 comments:

Hannie said...

Prachtig gedaan Ati!Een heel bekend schilderij van Edvard Munch.(Ik heb begrepen dat er meerdere versies van zijn?)
Even geleden was er in de Kunsthal Rotterdam een overzichts tt. van hem. Maar de "Schreeuw" ontbrak vanwege de te absurd hoge verzekeringskosten.Maar we hebben toch een goed indruk gekregen van zijn werk.

De pagina die je terug kreeg uit Australië is ook erg mooi! Straks dus een Japan China boek?

Suztats said...

I thought "The Scream" as soon as I saw your post pic. Well done!

Eva said...

Dear Ati!
I like your "Scream" better than the original.
Eva from Austria

Ruth said...

Wow. Dette var like bra som orginalen. Kjempefint, det var de andre sidene i boka også. Ha en fin dag. Klem Ruth.

Lorenza said...

Ati, I like that painting and your face is so beuatiful!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Ati,

I have always liked that painting, "The Scream" and your rendition of it is wonderful.
Love the fabric page that you received from Maureen.

Hugs

miekenoor said...

Yes indeed, there are more versions made by Munch, and they have been stolen quite often! I hope this little gem won't be stolen, too!

Fabric Art said...

Ati your page for Monika is gorgeous, resembles very well the original painting, great theme you have chosen and a fantastic page you've received.
Anni

Els said...

Prachtig zowel wat je zelf hebt gemaakt als die je gekregen hebt.

Els said...

Als die je ge kregen hebt moet het zijn:)