14 August 2011

potholders and socks

 Because Anne på landet has had a potholder week on her blog, I couldn't avoid the let you see the potholders I have made. This is the third pair, they are for me!
The pattern is from Anne and I like it very much. take a look on Anne's blog, you 'll see much more nice work!
They are large which is nice and they are double. The back is more simple.
No burned fingers anymore when I take my bread out of the oven.
 That's always very hot: 225 degree Celsius!
The size is 21 cm diameter, a bit more than 8 inch.
I made them from Gjestal bomull sport and crochet hook 3mm. Nice cotton yarn to work with and the potholders are thick and sturdy.
 Below the latest pair of socks I have finished. I call them Tomato socks because of the color :)
Shoe size 41 EU. Made from Trekking hand dyed, super yarn to knit with!
Very elastic too and the user ( my DD1) says they fit perfectly.
Pattern HERE. And not difficult to knit.
I have to say that I only used the pattern for the motive, the heel and toe are knitted in my own way.
I used 70 stitches instead of 60 as the pattern said.

6 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I love them both Ati!
Gorgeous looking pot holders!

We're experiencing a real cold blast down here so the warm socks look great too!!

Shane :))

T's Daily Treasures said...

You are multi-talented Ati. Love the potholders. Must check out the pattern. It's hot as heck here so no need for socks but your tomato socks look great. Have a wonderful day. Tammy

Hannie said...

Leuke kleurtjes de pannenlappen! En ook de sokken Gezellig en lekker warm voor de winter!

Lottie said...

You are brilliant at crochet, and knitting and sewing - I do so admire your work.

I do visit often but don't always have the time to leave comments.

I've not been doing any crafting lately - so no need to visit my blog, I hope to get back into the swing of it when the work up my allotment slows down.

tiny said...

Dat zijn inderdaad prachtige pannenlappen, en nu brand je je vingers gelukkig niet meer (lol) Je site van de sokken heb ik bij mijn favorieten gezet, heb laats van Klazien ook een blogster het patroon voor sokken breiengekregen maar ben er nog steeds niet aan toe gekomen. Maar de winter komt eraan dus ik moet mijn best eerdaags maar eens gaan doen. Groetjes Tiny

Mary said...

Very pretty colors you used on your potholders! very inspiring. And the socks are wonderful.