05 September 2011

Babette blanket grows

The blanket I am crocheting at the moment is called Babette.
It is sewed together from crocheted squares in different sizes.
The pattern says you have to crochet sections and than sew it together.
Here is section 1-9.
Only section 10 is left on the pattern.
BUT because my yarn is tóóó  thin I have to design more rounds by myself!
I like that it becomes a useful size and not the little blanket I have now.
Have to order some extra yarn too but that is not the problem.
The whole blanket will cost much more time now to crochet.
My goal is to create a blanket about 120 x 155 cm. ( 48 x 60")

10 comments:

erdbeerdiamant said...

She is a BEAUTY my dear :))))

Hannie said...

Prachtig wordt het! Mooi die kleuren en verschillend formaat van de blokken.Je hebt er al heel wat klaar!

Suztats said...

It's cool here, today, and I imagine how warm and cuddly I'd be snuggled under your Babette. Love it!

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Så fint det blir og du hekler fort!! Men det er sikkert fordi det er gøy!! AnneK:-)

Johanna Zweden said...

Schitterend Ati en wat schiet je al op.
Groetjes Joke uit een regenachtig Zweden

Susan Elliott said...

I've always loved the Babette blanket and hope to make my own someday. I'm happy to follow the progress of your beautiful blanket in the meantime. Plus, I love the fact that you used smaller yarn. I think the smaller scale blanket will be lovely.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Very pretty colors on the crocheted Babette blanket. Having done crocheted squares to sew together into an afghan, I know how much work this involves. Good for you!
best, nadia

Fabric Art said...

Wonderful crochet blanket, love the colors, thanks for your sweet comment on my book.
Anni

Marit Johanne said...

Det var så lenge siden jeg har vært innom her så det var så mye fint å se på. Dette blir et nydelig teppe.

Mary said...

Ooo, I love this blanket you're crocheting.