02 December 2011

chair pillows

I am sewing pillows for dining table chairs. The chairs are old Ikea chairs and painted by DD.
 They are hers. But grandson said: they are too hard and cold, mum!
That's why I decided to make pillows.
 I have used the leftovers from this quilt to make the tops.  Patchwork squares 2,5 ".
I  never made chair pillows before.  Sewing the tops was easy!
 But making them fit for a piece of 2" thick polyester is an other story!
The first one was a disaster, Grrr... The second one went better and the third one is good :)
Now the fourth one will be a piece of cake , I guess.

10 comments:

Hannie said...

Wat leuk dezelfde stoelkussens als de quilt! En ze zijn ook zo gezellig geschilderd! Je hebt ze prima gemaakt hoor. Mooi met een rand ertussen zoals het hoort.

T's Daily Treasures said...

I love that the chairs are all different colors. I'm sure the cushions are great. Those chairs certainly won't be cold and hard anymore. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Johanna Zweden said...

Mooi zijn ze geworden, daar zal je plezier van hebben!
Is het bij jullie zulk nood weer!!
Groetjes Joke

tiny said...

Dat zijn heel gezellige en fleurige stoelen geworden. Fijn weekend Tiny

Annet said...

Het mag dan grrrr zijn, het ziet er erg gezellig uit.
Groeten Annet

Mary said...

Good for you! Practice makes perfect :)

Janny said...

Wat een vrolijke boel.....Leuk die kussens erbij...!

msmo said...

Darling chairs and covers, Ati.!!! So happy to see you on WWCQ!!! Maire

nancypo said...

Cute!

Lynda said...

Love the chairs. I've been wanting to make chair pads for my kitchen chairs for quite some time. They are very hard too.