09 February 2012

finishing things

 Last week I was looking for something in one of my fabric boxes and also found this CQ block.
Sewn in January 2008 from a swap baggie I got from Hideko. ( Japan)
I wasn't happy with the block and have put it away with other ufo's.
When I had a better look on it I saw why I didn't like it in 2008.
I took the block with me to my sewing room and began to remove things. Much better right away.
I couldn't leave the block in a box forever, the fabrics are to nice for that! There is an almost white piece, it is old kimono silk with a stylish dragon woven in it. And other nice fabrics all from Japan.
I have added more to the seams and add and little crochet doily from my grandmother's stock.
Made a plan for the rest of the block. It is large! 46 cm ( 18").
I am stitching on it every day now and maybe next week I can show it to you.
Below how it looked yesterday.

6 comments:

Hannie said...

Zo ziet het er al heel anders uit! Meer jouw stijl van werken op dit moment. Het is soms goed om je werkjes van jaren geleden eens onder de loupe te nemen.

Johanna Zweden said...

Schitterend Ati, en ik blijf het bijzonder vinden, dat ze allemaal zo verschillend zijn
groetjes uit een -12 zweden

suziqu's thread works said...

Yes it is amazing how our ideas change over the years with the same basic love of a previous creation. It looks very nice now Ati.
Hugs and love,
Suzy

Marjolein said...

Wat een veranderingen! Het blok begint al één geheel te vormen.
Mooi hoor!

Nienke said...

How very special the delicate fabrics you are working with, all carrying their own history, I keep looking on your blog, thanks for sharing!

Gerry Krueger said...

I am loving this work you are doing... It is great to see a block reworked and new life. I am anxious to see the finished project... Gerry