24 February 2012

Pebble adventure

It seems that on Stitching Fingers many members are joining a pebble adventure in the subgroup Hand Embroidery. When I looked a the pebble it was love on the first sight. I had to try it!
But I didn't own a embroidery hoop, I never use one.
 But for this project it is necessary.
Yesterday I bought an 8 inch hoop. It was the only size available in the little shop I have in the little town nearby.
Yesterday evening I have started right away and had done this. It is very addictive :)
Today I am working further on this project. When the weather becomes a bit better in the weekend I 'll go to the shore to find some pebbles to sew in the fabric.
Now it is raining cats and dogs and storm!

9 comments:

Johanna Zweden said...

Wat een leuk experiment, en ziet er goed uit

Fijn weekeinden groetjes Joke

Annet said...

Dit wordt prachtig, Ati.

Hannie said...

Wat een geweldig mooi experiment. Het lijkt wel op het middeleeuwse borduurwerk van kerkgewaden en zo! Prachtig!Ik ben reuze benieuwd naar jou werk?

MosaicMagpie said...

Ati,
Your work is beautiful! I really like that stitch on the bead. Is it like a whipped web stitch over a bead? It looks so pretty!
Deb

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Ati,
How have you been my friend?
Sorry I have missed a few days of visiting your blog but here I am! :)
I will be doing something like this soon. From one of my Yahoo groups we are having a swap of these. I love how yours is turning out. Can't wait to see it finished.
Hugs

Margreet said...

Dit wordt weer een kunstwerkje.

Hideko Ishida 石田英子 said...

Ati, it's so interesting and inspiring! Your work looks beautiful!!
Hideko

laurastitch said...

Molto originale! Complimenti :-)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I've been watching others doing this project. Its very unique and creative and what an amazingly creative mind created the technique!