21 March 2012

Kaffe Fasset/strips top ready

After a week with intensive sewing, cutting and sewing again I declare this top as ready.
It was not as easy as I thought it should be. Very different sizes of all elements, it was like I had mixed up three jigsaw puzzles and tried to make one puzzle of all the pieces!
When laying it on the floor yesterday afternoon, I discovered a few major bumps.
So I had to rip out a few long seams and make them a bit more narrow.
That was not a problem because nothing is straight in this quilt! LOL
 I didn't have enough fabric for the light border, so I "invented" a solution to sew the strips trough the border and added a bit of green too ;)
I shall cut everything straight when I have the batting.
It becomes a square quilt, about 210 x 210 cm, 84 x 84 inch.
I couldn't take a better picture, the border on the bottom isn't on the photo, sorry.

7 comments:

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Så spennede quilt!! Veldig fin!! Er det ikke gøy!! Gleder meg til å se den ferdig!! Ha en fin dag!! AnneKari:-)

Masha Novoselova said...

wow Ati! congratulations! you are so fast! (if we compare with me :) )
nice looking!

Hannie said...

Wat een gezellige kleurige top! Dat gaat wel supersnel bij jou!

tiny said...

Hij is in een woord prachtig geworden, nu kan dochterlief zich verheugen op een gezellige quilt zonder vierkanten en rondjes :):)

Johanna Zweden said...

Hij word schitterend Ati
Groetjes Joke en een fijne dag

Rosalía said...

Wow! super!!

Susan Elliott said...

I have never made a full quilt so I admire your tenacity.

I think the Kaffe Fasset fabrics are beautiful...and even though it hasn't been what you're used to...You've done a lovely job with them. Good luck and happy belated Anniversar...you two were so handsome!