17 March 2012

When all else fails.... long story!

 When we, DH and I, visited our youngest daughter last Autumn I got a gift from her.
 A quilt-book with quilts made from Kaffe Fasset fabrics.
 Hint.. hint ?? I asked her. Yes, no, but yes :) was the answer.
 I like the quilts in this book, she said, specially the one on the cover.
O, NO, I said, I don't want to sew that one. It should be large too, queen size for her bed!
Okay, she said, an other is OK too, I like those fabrics and the bold colors, special the reds.

 Home again I started collecting Kaffe Kasset fabrics, bold colors and some lights for the contrast.
No idea yet what to sew from it.
 I bought enough for a front and a back of a large quilt. ( I think;)
 After a wash and a iron day in February I began too cut the fabrics.
Totally out of my comfort zone with those large patterns!
 Sewed circles, I think it looks nice! Then I asked DD : do you like a circle quilt , such as this one I made for your sister?  Answer: no mam, thanks, no circle quilt for me.
 I did a new try, wonky Log Cabin. I liked it even better, more free style :)
Question to DD: do you like squares?? Such as the wonky log cabin I made for you last year?
 But larger blocks and an other pattern. Answer: no thanks ma, no squares.
Than the other book at the beginning of this story came in my mailbox.
 Great book to sew up all the left-overs of your fabrics.
 The author of this book,Rayna Gillman wrote on page 6: "when all else fails, sew strips".
So I do !!
And on an other page she wrote, nothing can go wrong!!
I LIKE that :))
And DD 2, this was a teasing post ;) don't take everything serious :-D
Love you, mam. xx

10 comments:

Janny de Roo said...

Tja, maak het ze maar eens naar hun zin...? Ik ben wel heel benieuwd wat het gaat worden nu. Werken met deze prachtige stoffen moet geen straf voor je zijn. Succes Ati !
Goed weekend, Janny

Johanna Zweden said...

Schitterende boeken, moet toch ook eens gaan beginnen eraan, want net zoals jij, heb ik wel verzameld, maar nooit er wat mee gedaan

Heb jij een borduurmachine!!

Het zal schitterend worden Ati lekker vrolijk echt voorjaar

Fijn weekeinden groetjes Joke

sasyvonne said...

Owh, mam ik lig helemaal in deuk van het lachen...And by the way....I cannot wait til its mine! ;-)

Lottie said...

Bless her cotton socks - so you may be some time then!

Think of it this way - she will have a precious heirloom that you have put your heart and soul into - and she will keep if forever and pass it on to her kin.

Gorgeous colours, I am sure that you will enjoy making it on the horrid days that you can't get out and about in the garden.

tiny said...

Je stofjes zijn in ieder geval prachtig, en wat het wordt zien we nog wel. Succes ermee.

Marja. said...

ja, jij blij met die meiden!!!!!!!!

Hannie said...

Schitterend die Kaffe Fassetstofjes! Als hij klaar is, zal ze er geweldig blij mee zijn!
Fijne boeken ook. Het rechtse heb ik ook gekocht laatst. Moet er zeker nog eens wat mee doen, als ik jou resultaten al zie is het zeker de moeite waard.

Annet said...

Leuk hé, dochters. Mooi dat Yvonne weet wat ze wil en niet wil. Ik ben zelf ook bezig met Kaffe Fasset stoffen, maar ik combineer ze met "gewone"stoffen met kleine printjes anders vind ik het wel erg heftig.

Succes met je project.
Groeten Annet

Masha Novoselova said...

so nice story, Ati! :) and so interesting to see what you'll create!

cookievf said...

Very pretty fabric & a sweet post! I love seeing your process ~ can't wait to see what results!
- vicki xo