19 May 2012

CQJP, block May

When I sewed the block I showed you yesterday, I also sewed a block from the same fabrics for the CQJP 2012 challenge. I finished the embroidery yesterday.
This block is 20 cm ( 8") as all my CQJP blocks are.
They will end up in a year journal.
 Normally I am not a "button-cluster" person.
But on this block I found out that a cluster from tiny vintage buttons was just the right thing to sew on.
I like the patina which old mother of pearls buttons have.
They are all from my grandmothers button box.
The tiny button down has a small gold edge and three ! holes. I had to use my beading needle to sew it on. Wonder on what piece of clothes it has been in the past?


10 comments:

Mánya said...

Just the perfect block, dear Ati! So delicate and elegant and such beautiful colors!

Doreen G said...

What a beautiful block Ati and I love the colours.

Storme said...

Ati, Great as always,love the button cluster.I can't wait to see the unfinished block. Have a great day.
Sheila

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

These are great colors and you have some really nice stitching on this block.

ZlataR said...

Ati, very nice! Gentle colors, exquisite embroidery! I love it!

Ineke Hulzebos said...

Wow, wat mooi Ati, zo benieuwd hoe het in z'n geheel er uit gaat zien!!!
Fijn weekend

Marjolein said...

A beautiful quiet delicte block. It breaths a dreamy day in spring.

marinapatch@yahoo.es said...

Pero que maravilla Ati es precioso, y los botones, te buscare si tengo alguno original para mandarte, te mando un fuerte abrazo y hasta pronto

Marina said...

Ati hoy te he mandado unos botones antiguos para que hagas estos trabajos tan bonitos, un abrazo Marina

cq4fun said...

I love your block! Your style is one I'm always trying to achieve, because it's so unified, simple and elegant. I'm going to steal a seam off there for my June Fairy block. It wouldn't be the first time I used one of your ideas! I hope you don't mind.