02 June 2012

making jelly rolls

 After sewing all the 108 blocks together I had to decide how to make the back of the "sea" quilt.
Inspired by the method how this lady made a quilt , I have cut up the rests of my blue and teal fabrics into jelly roll strips. 6,5 cm wide. ( about 2,5 ")
It took the whole day between breakfast and cooking diner to iron and cut the fabrics.
I have no idea if I have enough for the back of the Sea quilt, which measures 210 x 160 cm.
Time will learn when I start sewing the strips. I don't think I can do it in 45 minutes ! LOL
I have much short strips too. It is a gamble!
To be continued.


7 comments:

Ineke Hulzebos said...

Het ziet er goed uit!!! Nu maar aan het naaien, hopelijk heb je genoeg blauwe stroken gesneden!
Fijn weekend

Hannie said...

Dat gaat zo wel erg vlug! Of het in de praktijk ook zo gaat? Maar wel een leuke manier, voor de achterkant!
gr. Hannie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

If anyone can figure it out and make it work, you can. Your sewing skills are amazing. Love the shades of blue and all the pretty patterns. Best wishes, Tammy

2ne said...

Lykke til med prosjektet. Artig video :-)

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Jeg måtte titte på videoen!! Artig!! Lykke til!! Anne k:-)

Annet said...

Dat ziet er mooi uit zeg, al die blauwe stroken. Ik weet zeker dat die achterkant wel goed komt.

Groeten Annet

cq4fun said...

This is going to be a great back! Isn't amazing how much time it takes to cut fabric?